Child Protection - The PVG Scheme
Anyone undertaking a supervisory role in any Club must be a member of the PVG
Scheme and understand their role and responsibilities.
Adults who havenít had the necessary
vetting checks should not
be left alone with players or take them to the toilet unaccompanied.
For further information on Child Protection, please see
Your Club should have a Child Protection Officer who should be able to answer
To be PVG checked, every official must complete either-
A: PVG Application for Membership (for officials who are not
members of the PVG Scheme)
B: Existing PVG Application (for officials with PVG
membership for another organisation)
All PVG applications must be witnessed by an SYFA Additional Signatory.
Each applicant must appear in person and MUST bring the following documents.
Photocopied documents are not acceptable:
- A signed copy of the SYFA Official Form (signed by the official and
This form will be emailed to the applicant when they are added to the SYFA
registration system. All applicants must be added to the SYFA registration
system before applying to join the PVG system.
- Your Passport. If your passport is out of date or has been lost you MUST
bring a note of the Passport Number.
- Your Photo Driving Licence. If your Driving Licence is out of date or has been lost
you MUST bring a note of the Driving Licence Number.
If you have neither a Photo Driving Licence or Passport or Photo National ID
card, then you must bring bring along a witnessed Photograph (as you would
need to apply for a new passport)
- A note of your National Insurance Number.
- Utility Bill or Bank Statement as proof of your current address (must
be less than 3 months old).
Your PVG Scheme Membership Certificate, Driving Licence and Passport may
include your address but they are NOT proof of address.
- Your address history for last 5 years, including resident from dates.
- A note of their PVG Scheme Membership Number (number with 16
digits on left of certificate).
If you are unsure whether you are a member of the PVG Scheme, then please call the
Disclosure Scotland helpdesk on 03000 2000 40.
Please Note: If you do not bring the required documents your PVG
Application Form WILL NOT be submitted.